Monday, April 26, 2010

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a…celebrity?













One presumes that to make it into Hollywood, you have to have that special “IT” factor. Well, you are right, but if it were completely based on looks, (which it partially is), these Franklin students and staff would have made it into an Oscar film in a heartbeat.
Even big stars like Jennifer Aniston and Tom Cruise can’t call dibs on their look, they have to share it.
First up we have Tim Hardin, a Franklin English teacher and Sean Farris, an up and coming teen actor. Their age may separate them, but if we put Sean in a time machine for twenty years, I guarantee he’d come out looking like our loyal staff member. They both share the same beauty spot above their lip, the same dark hair, and eyes, and the same chin.
Senior Jamie Flanary, has often gotten the comment that she looks like Sarah Steele, the young wavy haired teen from the movie Spanglish starring Adam Sandler. Marin Hobson, also a senior, often goes to her hairdresser who claims she is a dead ringer for Amanda Seyfried, the young dumb blonde in Mean Girls. “I think she is so ugly,” Marin gushes, “it’s definitely not a complement for me.”
On the male side of the celebrity spectrum we have Dupree Stubblefield, 12, who often gets teased for looking like High School Musical star Corbin Bleu. Some may claim it’s the afro, but if you take a closer look, they share the same nose and mouth. Another HSM celebrity look and sound alike would be young actress and singer Vanessa Hudgens and senior Kirsten Overlie. They both share the same sultry look and wavy tresses. “When I dyed my hair dark brown, I started getting a lot more comments. It was so embarrassing.” she said with a giggle.
Vampire fans beware. Senior Tyler Luba has been growing into a spitting image of Twilight star Robert Pattinson. “I’ve always been a fan of vampires. I was pretty stoked when people started telling me I look like Robert Pattinson.” Tyler said.
Last but not least, we have senior Carly Ruben-Stahr and dancing phenomenon Chelsea Hightower. “My boss said that I looked like her one day and after that the comments started flying in!” she said “I’m happy she’s a dancer, because I love to dance too!” Franklin shouldn’t be surprised to see one of these young faces hitting Hollywood anytime soon.

by Bergen Rueck

No comments:

Post a Comment